Saturday 2 June 2012

Studio J Layout: Feathered Friends

One of my favourite things about Studio J is the wide selection of papers and embellishments. Papers in colours I would admire, but never buy knowing they would sit in my stash never to be used. Most of my scrapbooks are filled with pages about my boys. There are very few with feminine subjects.

So when I get an idea for a page that can take on a feminine feel, Studio J offers a great range of digital papers unlike anything I'd find in my stash.

For this page, documenting my favourite back yard visitors, a family of goldfinches, I used the new Lucy line of papers and embellishments. Perfect for girly and baby pages, I thought the beautiful florals and co-ordinating green (Pear) papers were just right for a garden layout.

I used a Studio J template, but I personalized the papers and embellishments to make this page uniquely mine.

I began by replacing the cardstock background with a floral patterned paper.(The same pink floral paper on the left side of the photo row.) Then I altered the floral paper by switching from full colour to grey (Grey Wool). This gives the background paper a lovely, subtle patterns but doesn't detract from the photos or full colour papers.

After selecting the patterned papers and distressing the edges, I embellished the page with stickers from the Lucy My Stickease assortment. There was a lot to chose from! I also resized several of the stickers to fit with the scale of the layout.

Finally, I added stitching in several spots. Stitching is one of my favourite embellishments in traditional scrapbooking and even more so in Studio J scrapbooking where a half hour of piercing holes and threading is replaced with a click of the mouse! I used several different stitches in different sizes. The large cross-stitch across the top of the page grounds the title and unified the two halves of the layout. The smaller running stitch on the large floral paper creates a frame for the photos. And the adorable stitches flowers add a bit of whimsy.

Go ahead and try Studio J to break out of your usual scrapping themes and try something you might not even consider with traditional scrapbooking. With four convenient online options, there's a Studio J package suited to you. Click on the link to my online store on the right to learn more about s
Studio J.

Happy Scrapping!
Susana

No comments:

Post a Comment