Friday 15 June 2012

A Little Stamp Goes a Long Way

All it takes is one little element to add a special spark to a page. If you have a simple style, like I tend to use on my pages, that little element can make a huge impact on your page.

For this class photo page, I followed a sketch from PageMaps 2 by Becky Fleck. It's a pretty simple page, only two patterned papers used, but the stamping really adds a flair to it.

The title is stamped using the middle sized letters from the Trinity Alphabet stamp set, and the other stamps are from the Blue Ribbon set. The Exclusive Inks colours used are Lagoon, Bamboo and Cocoa. (And even though these are not CTMH papers, notice how well the colours co-ordinate!)

To create that special element, I used the ribbon stamp and layered the pinked-edged circle over it. I stamped the "You're My Shining Star" sentiment over top and popped up the circle with adhesive foam.

I also stamped the "Happy Day" sentiment next to the journaling.

Next time you're wondering how to dress up a page, take a look at your stamps. You don't need to use every stamp in the set on the page. Find those one or two stamps that work together or on their own to take you page to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment