Sunday 9 September 2012

Flirty & Fab

I don't often fall for papers with a lot of pink, but the beautiful Flirty papers grabbed my attention.

The Flirty paper pack has bold Raspberry and calm Desert Sand colours with a little bit of Goldrush thrown in. The co-ordinating chipboard elements include the lovely flower images from the papers as well as beautiful butterflies, leaves and even a tree.

The sentiments are autumn-themed and together, the paper packet and chipboard are perfect for photos set in a fall garden or outdoors.

But I couldn't wait for great fall photos. When I received my Flirty Workshop on the Go Kit (complete with the paper packet, chipboard, an exclusive C-size stamp set, gems and additional cardstock) I knew it would be perfect for summertime photos of a trip to Niagara.

My t-shirt goes great with these papers! As do the pinks and yellows of the flowers.

Dress up chipboard with bling!
I used the Botanical and Friendship Alphabet Large for the title, natural Hemp twine for the stitching and dressed up the chipboard with bling. The ink colours are New England Ivy and Goldrush.

As a bottom border, I stamped the leaf stamp repeatedly with New England Ivy ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I made a second layout using the Flirty kit, also about a Niagara Parks garden. For this layout, I used Goldrush cardstock as a base, which makes the Flirty Raspberry patterned paper really pop! I also used Colonial White cardstock for the title and journaling spot. The photo mat is made from New England Ivy cardstock and the edges of all the papers have been inked with Chocolate distressing chalk ink.

The lovely scalloped border across the bottom of the page was created using the Gratitude sentiment stamp from the Workshop on the Go kit. I simply stamped a row in New England Ivy across the bottom of page and covered the top 2/3 of the stamp with patterned paper. I added a gem to each scallop.

To create the journaling spot, I simply die cut the shape and inked the edges with Goldrush ink. I used the twiggy stamp with Goldrush ink; stamping it once in full colour and stamping again, without re-inking, for a softer image. For a final touch I added a chipboard butterfuly and different sized gems to both the journaling spot and butterfly wings.

The title is stamped using my new favourite alphabet stamp set: Token Alphabet. This stamp set offers several backgrounds for the inner circle enabling you to create a variety of looks with a single stamp set. For this title, I stamped the mesh background in Goldrush ink first, them stamped the letters directly over in New England Ivy ink. The chipboard sentiment "Beauty in..." is dressed up with 3 mico-mini gems in place of the ellipses.

To finish off this page, I added a large chipboard flower and vines as well as a tied off ribbon from the Designer Ribbon Pink Collection.

These two double page layouts, made with the Flirty Workshop on the Go Kit, are a beautiful addition to my album. And with lots of papers, cardstock, chipboard and bling left over, as well as the stamp set, I still have enough for another scrapbook page, cards or another project. What a great value!

No comments:

Post a Comment