Saturday 13 October 2012

Avonlea Workshop on the Go Kit

I love the Avonlea papers. The mix of Avolean Teal, creams and browns is beautiful and calming. I love the shapes on the patterned papers and stamps too.

I knew I wanted to scrap something special with these beautiful papers and immediately thought of the photos I'd taken on Father's Day last year. The layout from the Avonlea Workshop on the Go Kit was perfect for these photos as well.


What I didn't realise until I began assembling the page, was I'd learn a new stamping technique!

Did you know you can use BOTH sides of an acrylic stamp? I never would have thought of it. If you have an image that's a symmetrical shape, you can stamp the reverse side of the stamp and get a "filled in" image of the shape. The Avonlea kit suggest stamping the reverse side of the doily stamp in second generation ink, then stamping the "regular" side of the stamp directly on top. The result is a perfectly shaped, tone-on-tone image.

I can't wait to try this technique with my other stamps!

Another feature I love about this kit is the velvet rub-ons. They're easy to use and add a great fuzzy texture to the page. Add a few gems and there's a lovely contrast of texture and sparkle.

Even though this kit provides enough product to complete the two double-page layouts, additional recipe box project plus some, I like these papers so much, I think I'm going to have to buy another pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment