Thursday 21 November 2013

Inspired by Artbooking

I don't have a Cricut (yet), but I love the artwork I've been seeing using CTMH's Cricut Artbooking Collection. CTMH posts a new video every week with ideas and how-to for Artbooking projects. Follow me on Facebook to see them.

The Artbooking look is very heavy on intricately cut backgrounds. For my Artbooking inspired layout, I turned to my Silhouette and cut a 8" x 11" herringbone background from Cocoa cardstock as well as the title. At first I thought I'd add patterned paper or cardstock strips behind the open areas of the herringbone pattern, but decided that would take way too long--this page was a 30-minute project.

Instead, I repeatedly stamped flower images from the Happy Autumn stamp set, using Crème Brulee, Goldrush and Olive inks, onto a 8.25" x 11.25" piece of Champagne cardstock. The affect reminds me of looking through a window, which is what this page is about.

The page is finished off with Huntington My Stickease (border, tab and banners) and canvas stickers and wooden button from the Huntington Assortment. The gems are from the Sparkles Brown and Tan Assortment leftover from my Huntington Workshop on the  Go Kit, but can also be bought separately.

This page came together very quickly and is a great example of how you can create beautiful pages with a lot of style without using patterned paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment