Tuesday 20 November 2012

Fancy This!

You know I love a good sketch! This month's sketch challenge at Fancy Pants Designs is this lovely sketch featuring a pennant. I love the simple plan to of this sketch and the possibilities for all that white space!

My take on this sketch follows the basic design using one 4" x 6" photo. I used Dakota patterned papers and Dakota Complements Foil Images (pg. 32 of the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book) as well as the coordinating Paisley Flair stamp set (pg. 33) and Approved stamp set (pg. 45). The letters are from the Irresistibles Houndstooth Alphabet (pg. 130) and the Bakers' Twine is the gray from the Neutrals Assortment (pg. 125).

The coordinating ink colours used with the Dakota papers were Barn Red, Outdoor Denim and Slate.

The pennant foil stickers were perfect for creating an eye-catching title and for dressing up the three stamped paisley images.

The Paisley Flair stamp set is one of my favourites. The images are fun and bold. They can add a rugged masculine touch when stamped in Enchantment colours or a soft feminine flair used with Whimsy colours.

I've used this versatile stamp set to create scrapbook pages, cards and gift boxes. Time after time they create a great look!

This was my first time using and Irresistible product. I was really delighted! The chipboard pieces are sturdy and can stand up to a lot of inking or distressing. The letters took the ink quickly and I could make the contrast in the pattern show up as heavily as I liked. I wound up inking these letters quite darkly with Slate ink then wiping away portions from the inside and edges to create a weathered look.

I'm going to be stocking up on both Irresistible alphabets and the Persnickety Journaling spots!

If you'd like to try these products, just order from my online store or send me an email to place your order.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment