Saturday 4 May 2013

Circle Journal: Jen

Glitter, Bling and Pretty Things is the theme of Jen's Circle Journal. That presented quite a challenge for me. I'm not a glittery kind of gal. I have been trying to make my pages and cards more sparkly since I started with CTMH--there are just so many great shiny products--but with a house full of boys, glitter, bling and pretty things don't make it onto too many of my pages.

Thankfully, I found lots of inspiration online! I based Jen's layout on one I'd seen on Pinterest, by Nickie Hoffer.

I love the neutral black and white colour scheme with a pop of Cranberry. Black, cream and red has long been my favourite colour scheme.

Instead of the For Always patterned paper (which I don't have yet), I used black and white papers from My Mind's Eye I already had in my stash. The CTMH stamps used were BohemianAlphabet, Sweet Moments, the March 2012 Stamp of the Month, Florentine Workshops on the Go stamp set, and the Whoo's Your Valentine stamp set.

Did you notice the two-tone ink on the title? To achieve this look, simply ink stamp with the lighter colour first, top or bottom, and ink the darker colour second. Keep a straight line by inking on the edge of the stamp pad. The technique is simple and the effect is stunning!

To fit in with Jen's theme, I used CTMH silver Glitter paper to mat the large photo and add a stripe under the lace stamping. An alternative product that would work just as well for the stripe is Shimmer Trim. Available in black and silver, Shimmer Trim is 3/8" wide and backed with adhesive.

Additional sparkle was added around the page and to the large medallion with various adhesive bling: Sparkles Clear Assortment, Sparkles Pink, Red and Purple Assortment, and Pink Glitter Gems.

Glitter paper, bling gems and pretty stamps bring Jen's theme to life! If you'd like any of these glittery, sparkly, beautiful products for yourself, just check out my online store or pop me an email.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment