Saturday 18 May 2013

Reflections

You know how much I love a good sketch. I finally gifted myself a copy of Reflections, one of CTMH's How To books. I know many of the designs in the Idea Book and Workshop on the Go kits continue to be based on the patterns in this book. It was a must-have for my tool kit.

I thought it was just going to be a collection of sketches.

I was delighted to find Reflections is much more! It's a mix and match system allowing you to create hundreds, if not thousands, of layouts based on simple designs and variations.

Here's the basics of how it works:

  • select a sketch for the left hand side of your layout;
  • rotate or mirror the sketch for the right hand side; or
  • choose another layout for the right hand side; or
  • select one of the suggested right hand side layouts from the list provided.
CTMH has made it easy to "put the puzzle pieces together" to create beautiful pages with solid design.

This is the first layout I've created based on Reflections sketches.

I began with the sketch on pg. 16: Title Topper: Pieced Together. Instead of the paper rectangles along the top, I created a banner. To create the right side, I used one of the recommended complimentary sketches: Side Bar--Main Frame. Reflections provides three variations on this sketch. I used the Master Pattern, but altered it to accommodate a 4" x 6" and a 4" square photo in on the bottom row.

Add a few embellishments and stamping and in no time at all (less than an hour!) I had put together a great layout highlighting a special tradition.

I'm really looking forward to more scrapping with Reflections!

No comments:

Post a Comment