Thursday 6 June 2013

Circle Journal: Justine


I have to admit to being a little intimidated by this page. Not only was it for friend and scrapbooker extraordinaire Justine, the challenge itself was a challenge. It required more than printing and pasting.

The theme of the album is Alphabet Photography. The challenge was to make a page based on one of the words from her list, using her photos, including a poem, quote or saying related to the theme, and making a title with at least the first letter being an alphabet photograph image. (Justine, you know I have a full-time job, right? ;-)

What is alphabet photography? You've probably seen it in a posh shop somewhere--a frame with the word "love" or "family". It's where a word is spelled using images of objects. Like a flower becomes an "O" or a chain link fence becomes an "X".

I decided to pick the word "Laugh", because I think that's just something that defines Justine. (Though, I think the word on her list may have been "Laughter"....) Then I headed out to the wilds of Wilmot Creek hoping to find natural elements that would spell the word. It took some hard looking and a few twisty camera angles, but I managed to do it...with the help of my DH who moved some logs for me to get the H.

I focused in on the shapes of the letters, by using the "loomish" feature in my photo editing software to shade the edges and really zoom in on the letters. That led to my heavily inking the edges of the papers and other photos to add a little more black to the page.

Adding "live" and "love", with Keepsake Alphabet stamps, finished off the title.

I'm sure you've noticed by now, that the paper is not from CTMH. (I do have a stash that pre-dates my career as a Consultant.) It is a Basic Grey party paper, and I thought the bright colours and fun patterns were a perfect match for the page's theme.

A little bling and some more stamping finished off the page.

The quote wasn't hard to find, but it was hard to decide upon. Google "laugh quotes" and you get a lot of funny and interesting hits. I decided to go with this one:

Nothing feels as good as laughing incredibly hard.
~Steve Carrell

And I think that just about sums it up, in scrapping and in life.

Happy Scrapping!






No comments:

Post a Comment